I'm candle obsessed. You're candle obsessed. It's all good, until something goes awry. Here are some important tips for the burning of your favorite MVCandles!
- TRIM YOUR WICK.
I realize you may be in a hurry to smell the fragrance of your fav candle, but take a moment to trim the wick to a spot over 1/4". This will help your candle burn a little bit slower and a little bit longer! Make sure you only trim when the candle wax is solid, right before you light it. Discard trimmings in the trash and make sure none land in the glass.
- RECENTER YOUR WICK.
After you blow the candle out, let it cool a tad and then check the wick. Gently guide it back towards the center, as candle wicks tend to wiggle around and get out of place - don't ask me how this happens. If the wick gets too close to the glass, the vessel could heat up and possibly crack.
- ALWAYS LET POOLING WAX REACH EDGES OF THE GLASS PRIOR TO EXTINGUISHING.
Do this at each and every burn time so that you don't experience the dreading tunneling.
- DO NOT BURN YOUR CANDLE FOR TOO LONG!
4 - 6 hours is plenty of time to fill your home with your fav fragrance.
- USE COMMON SENSE, PEOPLE.
Keep candle on non-flammable, heat resistant surface. Keep away from flammable objects, curtains and your toddler. NEVER leave a burning candle unattended. Seriously people - use your head. Also, be aware that placing a hot candle on a cool surface like glass or marble may cause the vessel to crack. egads.
- WHEN THERE IS LESS THAN 1/2" OF WAX LEFT IN GLASS, IT'S TIME TO "LET IT GO."
Industry standard safety measures suggest not burning any candle all the way to the bottom of the vessel, and MVC is no different.
WHAT MAKES MVC CANDLES DIFFERENT?
Since the beginning in 2009, I've been making high-quality candles that are easy on our environment + your budget, choosing + blending scents that I love and making them into candles that elevate your everyday. The result is luxury fragrance you can feel good about.
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO YOU USE?
My ingredients are thoughtfully sourced to create safe, sustainable products that are phthalate-free, cruelty-free and are free of animal by-products.
- My new proprietary wax blend contains:
100% soy wax - Kosher certified and grown in the USA.
Olive wax - wax collected from different fragments of olive oil, native to Spain and 100% natural.
- Cotton wicks only.
- My classic line contains a fine fragrance oil blend that consists of natural and man-made materials. Most of these blends come infused with essential oils (EOs), but for that extra oomph, I generally add more EOs from iVIVA. iVIVA is a local company, owned by the lovely Katie. She carefully handpicks EOs from around the world and has a working relationship with all owners of the farms from which she sources. Her EOs are therapeutic grade!
- My 'Essential Oils Only' line contains a natural binder + pure essential oils, creating a most lovely therapeutic candle.
WHY DO YOU USE SYNTHETIC FRAGRANCES?
Great question! I use a premium blend of man-made/natural fragrances in my Classic line, as they 1) allow me to create more complex scent profiles for a bigger variety of fragrances; 2) are more sustainable to produce; and, 3) allow me to offer my candles at affordable price points.
If you’d prefer an all-natural product, my Essential Oils Only line is the perfect choice for you.
HOW FRAGRANT ARE YOUR CANDLES?
My candles are created to elevate your everyday space, some having a softer scent throw while others might be a tad more powerful. Always spectacular. Or so I've heard.